The Sacred Space of the Wait
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." — Isaiah 40:31
There is a difference between waiting and wasting time.
When we are in a season of waiting, waiting for a prayer to be answered, a door to open, or a heart to heal, it often feels like we are stalled. We feel as though life is happening everywhere else, and we are simply standing still in a quiet, empty room.
But in the economy of God, waiting is never wasted.
Think of the disciples in the Upper Room. Jesus gave them a clear command: Wait. He didn't give them a calendar, a countdown, or a detailed itinerary. He simply told them to wait for the promise of the Father. For ten days, they existed in the tension of the "not yet." They didn't know if the promise was coming in ten minutes or ten years.
And yet, it was in that specific window of waiting that they were prepared for the fire of Pentecost. If the Holy Spirit had come the moment Jesus spoke, they might have been too scattered or too rushed to receive it. The wait was the preparation.
Patience is not the ability to wait without complaining; it is the trust that the One who told you to wait knows exactly what is coming. It is the belief that God is not ignoring your request, but is instead orchestrating the timing. He is aligning the stars, softening the hearts of others, and strengthening your own spirit so that when the door finally opens, you have the strength to walk through it.
Tonight, if you feel the restlessness of a waiting season, remember that you are not forgotten. You are not stalled. You are being renewed.
Nightly Prayer:Father, I admit that I struggle with the silence. I struggle with the gaps between my prayer and Your answer. Tonight, I trade my restlessness for Your peace. I trust that Your timing is perfect and that You are working in the unseen spaces of my life. Help me to rest in the knowledge that I am held, I am loved, and Your promises never fail. Amen.
https://linktr.ee/rttbros
#BibleWisdomDaily #ChristianWisdom #PracticalBiblicalWisdom #Prayer #Trust #RTTBROS #Nightlight
No comments:
Post a Comment